I received this product for review, all opinions are my own.
It’s back to school time for the kids, that means lots of shopping! You’re dropping some serious money getting supplies and clothes for your kids. You are also trusting your that your child will not lose all of their new stuff! A great way to insure they won’t lose their supplies and clothing is to label it. In fact, all of my son’s teachers so far have requested that their supplies be labeled.
This year I used my new Epson LabelWorks LW-600P printer to label everything – including sweatshirts, jackets and backpacks and I loved it! My son loved it too.
I might just label everything I own now! Here are some of the key features of the printer:
- Lightweight, small form factor – the smallest 24mm (~1”) label printer on the market
- Includes over 100 label design templates and 400 symbols
- Compatible with a variety of tapes, including iron-on, glow-in-the-dark, metallic reflective and ribbons
- Bluetooth® connectivity for use with smart phones and tablets
For the kids back-to-school stuff, I connected the printer to my computer and earned some serious mom-points by downloading a Minecraft font for their labels. My first-grader was so excited to show his friends! I was also able to print matching labels for their clothes (like sweatshirts that are often left behind), jackets and backpacks with Epson’s iron-on labels.
After I was done with the important stuff, I played around with the iLabel app on my phone. It connects to the printer (which can also run on batteries) through Bluetooth® making it easy to use on the go!
The Epson LW-600P and iLabel app takes full advantage of the capabilities of smart phones and tablets to offer features never before available with traditional label makers. Such as:
- “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen
- Wirelessly create, edit and print labels
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
- In-app storage of created labels for future use
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
Epson has also launched a developers’ program for the World’s first App enabled label printer. Developers can access the LW-600P SDK and open APIs and very easily create personalized printing solutions with LabelWorks LW-600P. For the LW-600P developer program please visit http://bit.ly/1tVG4gM
The labeling possibilities are endless! I love it!